Things to do in New York: Catch the Views from Top of the Rock September 04 2017
One important thing that many people want to do in New York City is to go up a tall building and take in the beautiful views of this beautiful city. There are multiple options, but one of the most popular is Top of The Rock located at 30 Rockefeller Plaza. These 360 degree panoramic views from the 70th Floor are some of the best in the city. Many people regard this is the best place to enjoy the skyline of New York. Whether you want to enjoy a sunny day, a winter wonderland or nighttime light show, you will be mesmerized by the view, though going at sunset seems to be a preferred time. Going to the Top of the Rock is a favorite activity for people who enjoy the tours and passes available from New York Nightlife.
Hours of operation
- Daily from 8 AM to midnight seven days a week, with the last elevator going up at 11:15 PM.
- Some holidays have special hours: Christmas Eve, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day.
What to expect
- When you purchase a ticket, or redeem your pass you are encouraged to select the specific times and dates for your visit. Some unscheduled tickets are available, but immediate entry is not guaranteed without advance tickets.
- Enter the building on 50th Street between 5th and 6th Avenues
- All guests are required to go through a security checkpoint
- The experience includes a beautiful Swarovski crystal chandelier, a multimedia exhibit and glass ceiling sky shuttles that take gusts to the Top
- There are three levels of the observation decks:
- Deck one features The Radiance Wall—the history of the Top of the Rock and New York City
- Deck two is called The Breezeway—an entirely outdoor area
- Deck three is on the 70th Floor and is outdoors, does not have a glass enclosure and is a favorite spot for photos
- Top of the Rock is open rain or shine, however guests are advised in advance of inclement weather, note there are no refunds provided for bad weather, however they will offer to reissue a ticket for a future date and time.
- There is no time limit for staying on the deck, but most guests stay for around 45 minutes
- There are bathrooms available on the 66th
- There isn’t a restaurant up there, but there are places to get snacks on the way up
- The Rockefeller Center Tree and Skating Rink are not visible from the observation deck, but they are easily accessible from the concourse level.
- Top of the Rock often features some of the photos an videos taken by their guests. In order to be considered, use the following hashtags #TopoftheRock, #RockCenter, #RockShops and RockEats.
Check and see if Top of the Rock is included in your tour package. If not,
Regular Entry Price: Adult $34.00
Regular Entry Price: Child $28.00
Top of the Rock remains one of the favorite things to do in New York. Savor the view!
[Image 3, Cory Schloss Images, View from Top of the Rock]